CHEM 2414 Name: ______________________
Chapter 11 Part M: Multiple Choice Chapter 11 10 points
1. What important synthesis did Friedrich Wöhler carry out in 1828?
A. ammonium bicarbonate
C. ammonium cyanate
D. ammonium chloride
E. ammonium cyanide
2. Which of the following is not an aliphatic hydrocarbon?
3. Which functional group is found in alcohols?
4. Identify the functional group present in the molecule shown below.
5. Identify the functional group present in the molecule shown below.
6. Name the structure shown below.
7. What is the I.U.P.A.C. name of the following compound?
8. Which of the following is an isomer of 1,1-dibromoethane?
9. Of the structures shown below, which of the sets are not isomers (structural or geometric)?
A. 1 and 2
B. 1 and 3
C. 1 and 4
D. 1, 3 and 4
E. 3 and 4
10. Which equation correctly represents the complete combustion of propane, C3H8?
A. C3H8 + 7O2 ® 3CO2 + 8H2O
B. C3H8 + 5O2 ® 3CO2 + 4H2O
C. C3H8 + 10O ® 3CO2 + 4H2O
D. C3H8 + 7O ® 3CO + 4H2O
E. 2C3H8 + 7O2 ® 6CO + 8H2O